Thriving in Generosity (James 5:1-6)
I. The position wealth holds in our hearts.
A. Possessions don’t last. Your relationship with God does. (James 5:1-3 Matthew 6:19-21; 19:23-24; Luke 16:13)
II. The way we make our wealth.
A. Wealth can blind us to the needs of others and harden our hearts. (James 5:4-6; Ecclesiastes 5:13)
III. The account we will give for the way we used our wealth.
A. Our wealth will serve as a witness for or against us before God. (James 5:3; Proverbs 11:25; Luke 6:38)
1. What position does wealth hold in my heart?
2. What can I give away to others?
3. How can I thrive in generosity?
4. How has the Holy Spirit convicted my heart?
5. What changes can I make in my life?
6. How can I share this truth with others?