I. Thriving in God’s Word (James 1:19-25)
A. Repent/Remove the filth. (James 1:21a; 1 Peter 2:1-2; 1 John 1:9)
1. Am I willing to repent of my sin?
B. Receive the Word. (James 1:21b; Matthew 13:23)
1. Am I willing to receive God’s Word with an open heart?
C. Respond by doing. (James 1:22; John 13:17; Psalm 19:12; Hebrews 4:12-13)
1. Am I willing to be corrected by the Lord and then act in obedience?
D. Remember the truth. (James 1:23-25)
1. Am I willing to be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only?
1. How can I thrive in God’s Word and be a doer of the Word?
2. How has the Holy Spirit convicted my heart?
3. What changes can I make in my life?
4. How can I share this truth with others?