The Lord’s Prayer: “Thy Kingdom Come”
1. The Kingdom of God refers to His rule and reign. (Psalm 47:2; Psalm 24:1)
2. The Kingdom of God is both now and yet to come. (John 18:36; Matthew 2:1,2; Revelation 19:11-21; Revelation 22:3, 5)
3. The Kingdom of God requires our surrender. (1 Corinthians 3:16; Galatians 2:20)
4. The Kingdom of God in our lives establishes inner conditions of righteousness, peace and joy. (Romans 14:17; Philippians 3:20)
As believers, we advance God’s Kingdom, or His rule and reign, with every act of obedience, every time we renounce the works of darkness, when we declare His truth, and when we share His love with others.
APPLICATION: As we pray for God’s Kingdom to come:
1. Pray for your own life. Pray that God will give you the grace to really seek His Kingdom first in your life. Ask the Lord to show you areas of your life that have not been surrendered to Him. Surrender to Him in humility.
2. Pray for your family. Pray for the overall direction of your family. Pray for your family members.
3. Pray for your church. Pray for the pastor and his family. Pray for the board members. Pray for revival. Pray for the name of God and for the character of God to be reverenced.
4. Pray for our nation. Pray for the President. Pray for those who advise Him. Pray for the Congress. Pray for those in the military. Pray for the Governor. Pray for the State Legislators. Pray for revival in our country.
5. Pray for the spread of the gospel to those who do not know Christ. Pray for soul winning and evangelism. Pray for the kingdom of Christ to be expanded into the lives of people who are at present outside the kingdom.
For Further Reflection: Read the six page pdf short story “My Heart, Christ’s Home” by Robert Boyd Munger.