The Lord’s Prayer: “In Heaven”
What is Heaven like?
1. Satan will not be there. (Revelation 20:10)
2. Release from the strain of separation. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-14)
3. Freedom from sorrow, pain, tears, and death. (Revelation 21:4; 1 Corinthians 15:54-55)
4. No temple, no church, no sanctuary, and no division. (Revelation 7:9; 21:22)
5. No sun, moon, or night and time will be no more. (Revelation 21:23-25)
6. No defilement, hypocrisy or sin. (Revelation 21:27)
7. Total satisfaction, tranquility, and abundant life. (Revelation 22:1; John 10:10)
8. Absolute justice and fairness- righteousness will reign. (2 Peter 3:13)
9. Divine fellowship and communication. (1 Corinthians 13:12)
10. We will have new bodies in which we will worship and serve our Creator for all of eternity! (2 Corinthians 5:1-5)
What wrong views of Heaven have you believed?
Are you going to Heaven? How do you know?
What are you most looking forward to in Heaven?
Read and meditate on Bible passages that describe Heaven.
Spend some time imagining what Heaven will be like based on those passages.
Pray using the Lord’s Prayer this week and really think about the words you are saying.