Abiding in Eternal Life (1 John 1:1-3; 2:17; 5:11-13)
- Christ, our Life, has eternally existed with the Father. (1 John 1:1-3, John 1:1-3)
- Those who do the will of God abide forever. (1 John 2:17; James 4:14; Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:46)
- God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. (1 John 5:11; John 14:2,3; 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- Those who do not have the Son of God do not have life. (1 John 5:12, John 14:6)
- You may know that you have eternal life. (1 John 5:13, Romans 8:16; John 6:40; Philippians 1:6; John 10:27-30)
1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.
How often do you think about eternity?
How caught up are you in the things of this world?
Do you know that you have eternal life?
How does eternal life begin here on this earth?
How often do you think about Jesus’ return?
Who are the people you are looking forward to seeing in Heaven?
Who will you share the gift of eternal life with?