Abiding in Obedience to God’s Word (1 John 2:3-14)
- Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. (1 John 2:3)
- He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. (1 John 2:4)
- But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. (1 John 2:5)
- He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. (1 John 2:6)
- You are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one. (1 John 2:14)
How are you abiding in Christ?
Can you think of any examples of people who claim to know God but choose to follow a path that’s not in line with God’s commands?
Does your life give evidence that you know God? How?
How can you walk as Jesus walked?
How do you view keeping God’s commands? As burdensome? With joy?
What commands are you struggling to obey?
How can you overcome the wicked one?
How will you walk in God-directed opportunities this week?