Joy in Adversity
I. Adversity helps advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (Philippians 1:12-13; I Corinthians 9:16; 16:9: Romans 8:28)
II. Adversity provides opportunities for bold witness. (Philippians 1:14)
III. Adversity reveals the true character of friendships. (Philippians 1:15-17; Proverbs 18:24; John 15:15)
IV. Adversity proves our ultimate values. (Philippians 1:18; Luke 22:42)
1. What adversity are you facing?
2. How can your personal adversity help advance the gospel?
3. Look for opportunities for bold witness through adversity.
4. How has adversity demonstrated your ultimate values?
5. Who can you encourage and/or pray for in their time of adversity?