A Glimpse into a Joyful Heart
I. Background of Philippians (Acts 16)
II. A glimpse into a joyful heart (Philippians 1:1-8)
A. The joy of thanksgiving (Philippians 1:3-5; 4:6; Colossians 4:2)
B. The joy of partnership in the gospel (Philippians 1:5; 1 Corinthians 1:9)
C. The joy of confident expectation (Philippians 1:6)
1. God takes the initiative in starting his work in you. (John 6:44; 15:16)
2. God takes personal responsibility for completing His work in you. (Romans 8:29)
3. God guarantees the outcome of His work in you. (Ephesians 2:10; Hebrews 10:14)
D. The joy of affection (Philippians 1:7-8; Romans 5:5)
III. An invitation to true joy
1. What is a good definition of joy?
2. Have you and do you regularly experience true joy in your life?
3. What are some things that rob you of joy?
4. Do others see joy in your life?