Jesus Christ: The Head of the Church
1. “And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.” (Colossians 1:18)
2. “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:23-25)
3. “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. (John 17:20-23)
1. What are Christ’s qualifications as head of the body from Colossians 1:9-18?
2. What does it mean that Christ is the head?
3. Who will you encourage this week?
4. What are your talents or spiritual gifts? How are using them for the Lord?
5. What is the role of the church?
6. Is there someone in the church you need to forgive or ask their forgiveness?
7. Will you stop strife before it starts?
8. Know that you are deeply loved and appreciated by the Lord and by your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.