The Lord’s Prayer: “Give us This Day Our Daily Bread”
1. “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.” (James 1:17)
2. “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
3. “Now therefore, our God, We thank You And praise Your glorious name. But who am I, and who are my people, That we should be able to offer so willingly as this? For all things come from You, And of Your own we have given You.” (1 Chronicles 29:13-14)
4. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34)
5. “This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I hope in Him!’” (Lamentations 3:21-24)
6. “And Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.’” (John 6:35)
When we come to God for our daily needs it honors God, fosters within us a sense of dependence on Him and builds trust and faith.
1. Do you fully rely on God to supply all your needs on a daily basis?
2. Spend time thanking God specifically for His provision in your life.
3. Pray for specific needs in your life trusting God to provide.
4. What does it mean that Jesus is the Bread of Life?
5. Are you receiving spiritual nourishment daily? How?
6. If you do not already, try reading “Our Daily Bread” devotions each day in print or online.