Abiding in Christ the True Vine (John 15:1-10)
Five Principles for Abiding in Christ:
- Without Jesus we can do nothing. (John 15:5; 1 Corinthians 3:12-15; 6:19; Philippians 4:13)
- Jesus is the true vine. (John 15:1; Jeremiah 2:21; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 John 1:9)
- Every branch that bears fruit He prunes, so that it may bear more fruit. (John 15:2; Galatians 5:22-23; Hebrews 12:1-11)
- If we abide in Jesus and He abides in us, we will bear much fruit. (John 15:5; Romans 1:13; 6:22; Galatians 5:22-24)
- Abide in His love. (John 15:9, 13; John 3:16)
Questions to ponder:
What does it mean to abide in Christ?
What does abiding in Christ look like in your life?
Do those around you see the fruit of the Spirit in your life as a reflection of your abiding in Him?
Which of the fruit of the Spirit is currently being developed in your life?
Where do you see fruit in your own life and in the lives of others in this church?
Where are you being pruned?
Have you considered the abundance of fruit that will result from God’s gentle pruning?
FOR FURTHER REFLECTION: Read: The Gardener’s Hand